It’s been a quite a year for amateur golf in Great Britain and we asked some our leading players what were their stand-out moments and also asked them to look ahead to 2024
1) Your best round of the year and why?
The came in the second round of Europeans. It was my first time representing England so getting a podium finish in the qualifying meant a lot to me.
2) Your best shot of the year and why?
I holed out my pitch shot for eagle from 80 yards on the first hole of the Europeans… my first hole representing England.
3) The best shot you saw and why?
Kris Kim’s final tee shot at home internationals, which was a 220-yard par three
4) Your favourite moment of 2023 (this could be personal or something completely random but golf related)?
Holing a 40 footer to win mine and Hugh Adams’s foursomes match against France in the semi-finals of the Europeans, making it 2-2 for the morning.
5) Your hopes and ambitions for 2024?
To significantly improve my WAGR Ranking and get a men’s England Cap
6) One thing you would change about about golf for next season?
Would like to of played more events as I was on my game throughout the whole season.